Bankhall Mission owes its origin to an intense desire in the hearts of a few Christian men and women to do something towards awakening the indifferent non-church going population in the district to their need of God.
On the 7th May 1905 a group met on a Sunday afternoon in the Bankhall Institute. It was the first meeting of what would become Bankhall Mission Church. One hundred and eighty young men attended that Sunday afternoon.
Its own building was officially opened 1st October 1924 on Stanley Road opposite Bankhall Street. It met there for 52 years.
In 1976 the Church moved to its present premises in Knowsley Road, Bootle.